New addition adds PCC as 4th gun for new UnlimitedX4 division, giving match directors ability to deliver more shooting opportunities within 3GN rules.
3-Gun Nation, in partnership with Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club 3GN Club Series Match Director Tom Zuzik, launched a provisional 3-Gun division recently. The new option, called UnlimitedX4 Division, gives match directors the opportunity to open up their Unlimited division competition even more.
“The division classification of “Unlimited” in it’s true form is one of very few restrictions to the competitor with their equipment,” Zuzik said. “When reviewing why one shoots Unlimited or Unlimited PCC the conclusion is infinite options, thus why limit shooters in theses divisions to be defined by the rifle? By allowing the Unlimited shooter the choice of four firearms to choose from to use in their course of fire, we open a whole new realm of options and reduce the need for the Unlimited PCC Division, as a whole. The new X4 still requires the Unlimited shooter to engage all long-range targets (steel), while removing the Practical-only PCC targets from the COF.
“Essentially, if the stage is under 100 yards the competitor gets to use the PCC, or better yet, maybe a stage is faster to shoot with the PCC instead of the pistol on this stage because it’s wide open and no close walls,” Zuzik continued. “The bottom line is just think about the combinations these shooters can now do to navigate a stage. It becomes its name, ‘Unlimited.'”
3-Gun Nation polled members and worked with Zuzik to develop the provisional division for 2019. 3GN recommends clubs either UnlimitedX4 or Unlimited PCC in a match, not both. Also, the provisional division responds to current trends and member requests for shooting opportunities within 3GN rules.
17.11 UnlimitedX4 Division
- New for 2019, after working with Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club Match Director Tom Zuzik, 3GN is offering a provisional addition to 3GN Club Series rules, the UnlimitedX4 Division. This provision allows using a fourth gun, an unlimited PCC carbine, within Unlimited Division, UN-3G. The goal of this program is to add an exciting, additional shooting challenge for 3GN Members, one that responds to current trends and member requests.
- 17.11.1:When running UnlimitedX4, clubs are recommended to not run Unlimited PCC, UPC-3G or traditional Unlimited, UN-3G.
- 17.11.2:Classifiers will not be available for UnlimitedX4 in 2019. However, Clubs may offer any mix of Unlimited PCC, UPC-3G, and/or Unlimited, UN-3G, Classifiers during a given match. All previous Classifier rules on firearms used are applicable.
- 17.11.3 UNLIMITEDX4 PCC CARBINE
- 184.108.40.206: There are no limitations on accessories.
- 220.127.116.11: Carbine supporting devices (i.e. bipods, shooting bags, etc.) may be added, replaced or removed during the course of the event.
- 18.104.22.168: Tri-pods, shooting sticks and similar style of rests or supporting devices are NOT allowed.
- 22.214.171.124: Carbine Suppressors are allowed. NOTE: Sound suppressor restrictions see Rule 10.5.
- 126.96.36.199: Carbine caliber is restricted to centerfire pistol calibers ONLY.
- 188.8.131.52: Minimum caliber is 9mm Luger.
- 184.108.40.206: The “Stage Ready Condition: for all carbines shall be magazine and chamber loaded with safety engaged, unless stipulated otherwise in the WSB.