Explorer Cases Ultimate 3-Gun Travel Solution Kit packs a lot of gear, and hard use, into one system capable of transporting your guns to any destination
by Bobby Walla, 3GN Club Series
Taking competitive shooting serious like I do can be very detrimental to your wallet. If you’re like me and time is money, chances are you’re not taking road trips around the country anymore and opting to fly instead. Flying to matches can be kind of a pain, but I do so because I do not have to take more time off work. Typically you’re going to have your ammo shipped to the range you’re heading to or possibly stuffing it in a buddy’s car. Transport of the guns is it’s own issue, and the biggest thing you need to be aware of is weight so you don’t get hit with a ton of additional fees. That’s why we turned to Explorer Cases.
There are a lot of great quality soft cases and hard cases on the market, but I’ve personally never found a combination that work as well as the Explorer Cases Ultimate 3-Gun Travel Kit, solely because the system was designed to work in conjunction with one another.
I’m sure the first question everyone is going to have is, “will my shotgun fit.” I use a Browning A5 with a 12-round capacity, and the gun tucks snuggly into the bag. It is tight, but it does fit! Even if it didn’t, separating the tube for travel is not that big of a deal. I just don’t want a soft case with my tube hanging out walking around at a match!
The hard case is one of the beefiest I have ever owned, and its pretty much bomb proof. The soft case fits perfectly within, and my entire load out for traveling to a regional/national match, minus my Safariland ELS belt (I could probably jam it in but I typically travel with it wrapped around my carry-on). I’m sure a lot of people take different equipment when traveling, but here is my load out:
- Armalite 13” 3-Gun Rifle w/ Nightforce NX8
- Browning A5 w/ 12 round tube
- SVI 5” Sight Tracker
- (3) Invictus Practical 8 round shell caddies, (1) IP 12 round caddy, and IP DeTurk 32 round chest rig
- (3) 30-round AR mags, (2) 40-round AR mags, (1) Magpul D60.(30’s and 40’s with TTI base pads) I also throw a mag coupler in as well
- (5) SVI 140 mm mags with TTI base pads
- (3) Chokes (CYL, LM, and IM)
- Various replacement parts for pistol, rifle and shotgun
- Vortex Rangefinder
- Small medical and cleaning kit
- Arcteryx rain shell
*I will also bring along some other items like: sun-block, pro-grip, snacks and supplements.
The soft case accommodates all of this gear, with lots of room to spare! The main compartment is filled with straps to secure your “babies” and three small bags/pouches (one being waterproof). The surrounding areas where you store your shotgun and AR have padding for protection as well. Explorer includes the pouches to store rifle/pistol magazines, but I re-purposed them for other items such as replacement parts, cleaning supplies and chokes. I opted to keep my AR magazines in velcro-backed Maxpedition pouches, and they attach directly to the interior of the main compartment. The secondary compartment is where I keep my shotshell vest, shooting clothes, and other random items. The front pocket houses pretty much all of my pistol equipment. I have a small (5) magazine pouch and a padded soft case for my pistol. Finishing it off, there is velcro on each side of the bag so you can stick on your favorites patches!
Overall, I think this bag is a great value for the money! Yes, $335 is not cheap! However, if you do the math on a quality hard case and soft case, I’m sure you will far exceed the cost of the Explorer Cases 3Gun Kit. Ultimately, the age old saying of “buy once, cry once” definitely holds true in our sport. I see too many times people have 3-Gun setups that exceed $5,000, yet want to put them in the cheapest bag that Amazon has to sell! Save up some pennies and check out Explorer Cases; not only are their products top-shelf, they also do a ton to support the industry and the sport we love so much!
Explorer Cases 3-Gun Bag Features:
- Padded Soft Case made of durable 600D polyester
- Three separate compartments for a rifle, pistol and shotgun.
- Adjustable Velcro straps help secure guns in position.
- An external padded, zippered pouch on the front
- One waterproof utility pouch
- Two large, zippered pouches for storing AR and pistol magazines.
- Heavy duty lockable zippers
- Carry handles mated with Velcro lined handle
- Internal Dimensions 52.9″L x 13.5″W x 4.0″D
- Adjustable, padded backpack strap
- Padded shooters mat
- Weighs 7 lbs
Explorer Case 13513 Features:
- Made of Copolymer Polypropylene Compound
- Internal Dimensions 53.1″L x 13.8″W x 5.3″D
- Waterproof & Shockproof
- Sand & Dust Proof
- Resistant to harsh temperatures (-33°C/+90°C)
- Four padlockable points
- Large contoured front handle
- Two-man side lift handles
- Jam-Free Latches
- Heavy-Duty Ball-Bearing Wheels
- Optional shoulder strap available
- TSA Approved
- 100% Guaranteed Forever
- Weighs appx. 19 lbs
Suggested Retail: $335 – BUY NOW